Every so often I get an urge for a vegetarian day, does anyone else ever get that? I pretty much live on chicken and beef so this squash meal was a lovely alternative. It's filled with a creme fraiche and leek mix that is simply divine but certainly not an everyday option!
1 small squash
100 mL creme fraiche
100 g cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
Salt and pepper
1. Chop the leeks and fry in olive oil and a little butter if desired until soft.
2. Once the leeks have slightly cooled, add the creme fraiche, grated cheese, seasoning and mix well. I tend to go with a teaspoon of paprika as I really love the smoky taste but feel free to add whatever you like, mustard works a treat!
3. Cut the top and bottom off the squash and remove the middle, taking care not to break through to the bottom when removing the seeds.
4. Pack in the leek mixture and place the squash lid back on top.
5. Cook for approximately 1 hour in a 170 C oven.
Easy right? The preparation takes maybe 15 minutes and the end result is something I think looks incredibly impressive. I have a few vegetarian friends and this recipe has gone down a storm. Do let me know if you give it a try x